Monday, October 26, 2009

The Currency of Life


                       

Who is that ancient fellow, in these pictures here of me?
That couldn’t be the truth, of what my eyes now see!


I feel so very young, so ready now to go;
Is that really me, that’s moving so very, very slow?


What’s that you said? Say it again, cause I really couldn’t hear,
It looks as though it’s happening; the very thing I fear!


You see I’ve been distracted; as time came round to me;
It slipped up like a thief at night, and left now what you see.


My heart is still so vibrant, my spirit still so strong;
It’s just that this old body, doesn’t know what’s going on.


It’s taken all this time to know, just what I am to do;
And now that wisdom finally came, why are my days so few?


For minutes are as silver and hours just like gold;
The Currency of Life, no man can ever hold.


So spend your days with wisdom, or you’ll never have enough;
Don’t waste one precious moment on that other worldly stuff.


Invest them all in people, the ones who need His love;
The ones that He will pick for you, as He looks down from above.


For deep inside of all I loved, my eternal body’s formed;
Perfect in the strength of love, with power there adorned.


For love will make the house, in which we all shall dwell;
And determine its location whether in heaven or in hell.


This life was made for learning, the next one’s made to live;
The size of new our home there, will be as we did give.


For Loves the only real work and Loves the only pay;
Not what you keep will follow but what you gave away.


“And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous Mammon, that when it fails, they may receive you into an everlasting home.” (Luke 16:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment