Tuesday, November 10, 2009

African Update # 4 2009



           Requiem for a Rooster

May we have a moment of silence for our dearly departed.... Mr. L. Rooster. L. Rooster mysteriously passed to the great chicken yard in the sky last night about 10:00 pm. Mr. L. Rooster had become proficient in causing sleep deprivation through high pitched audio distortions, the very same techniques currently being used to obtain information from terrorist. His dedication to interrupting sleeping guest is legendary and few have equaled his sense of knowing just when to crow. Suspected fowl play is a consideration in L’s death as he was found in the kitchen sink with his offending part slit. Yet mercy killing has not been ruled out due to crying of the current house guests. A sense of unprecedented quiet has come over Mr. Olendo’s house, especially between the hours of 3 am and 4 am. We shall all miss L. Rooster and in his honor, we are having him for dinner, posthumously, tomorrow night. I must add that he has given his all (rather unwillingly), both for our dinner and our well being. So we bid a fond adieu to the talented and obnoxious Mr. Loudmouth Rooster. L. Rooster is survived by his 3 wives, two cute chicks and 3 eggs.

Well, that’s that, as they say God certainly answers our prayers! If you have read Amma’s blog you know that things have really turned around. Her computer is fixed, we are sleeping well and our hearts are completely encouraged. The changes our wonderful King has wrought in most of the people here is flat out amazing. You can see it in their faces and hear it in their praise. Tonight we went to one of the clan meetings and taught on entering the Life of the Body. Afterwards every person in the room expressed their thanks for bringing the “message of Life” to them. Three or four of the women commented on how amazed their husband’s were at the change in their lives. There is an old adage that states.. The millstones of God grind exceedingly slow.... but exceedingly fine. God is never in a rush, why am I? So many times I feel like Martha instead of Mary.

“Now it happened as they went, He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said; “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone. Therefore tell her to help me.” And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken from her” (Luke 10: 38-42)

Where would I be without my brothers and sisters to warn me that working hard is good so long as it does not take you from the good part… Sitting and listening at His feet? If the adversary can’t stop you from serving God; he will certainly try to worry and trouble saying the work is not getting done quick enough, and especially if you think others are not helping. This kind of thinking robs us of the very things we need to build up His people correctly…peace and revelation.

It has been said that Christians must give the adversary ground or permission for him to attack us. I believe that to be completely true; and I know just where and when I gave it to him. On the way to the Airport Nathaniel turned to me and said …. “I believe God woke me up and gave me things for you. Would you like to hear it? I said yes, and listened as he read from the text on his phone. One thing in particular stood out. “ Don’t do everything you want to do, just be who you are, only God can build the church, wait on His leading… then he said “don’t ask me what that means, it’s just the way I got it.” I wish I would have meditated on that word. The first thing I did when I got to Nakuru, was to get completely consumed with the needs and overwhelmed with the scope of the work here.

That, coupled with good old fashioned unbelief, that God couldn’t take care of things back home, things that matter more than anything to me, but things none the less, without me being in the Village; gave an open invitation to Satan to attack my heart. I bless the One who forgives us and rebukes the devourer, over and over again. I thank Him that he loves both sisters, especially Martha; because I think Martha and I, need it more than Mary. Thanks Nathaniel, from here out….. I will wait on Him.

“Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Mary. Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.”                (John 11:1, 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment